- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
A higher opening in the stock market and dollar weakness against other Asian currencies helped the Indian rupee strengthen by 8 paise to Rs 45 per dollar.
Oil prices shot up to over $100 per barrel in New York as strife in Libya, Bahrain and other oil producing countries in the West Asia show no signs of ending.
The second month of 2011 saw $324 million of private equity investments in Indian companies, down from the investments of $699 million for the same month last year.
As part of a custom, Finance Minister meets the entire Board of Sebi after presenting the Union Budget. Mukherjee tabled the Budget on February 28, 2011.
Garment manufacturers are upset with the government for imposing 10 per cent excise duty on branded garments and made-ups like bed sheets and towels.
India's economic surge over the past decade appears to have radically changed the perceptions of Indians about their own country.
As many as 79 foundations have been laid by Eastern Railways alone at a cost of over Rs 5 crore but the projects were yet to be implemented, the CPI-M contended.
The Indian rupee ended 6 paise lower at 45.04/05 per US dollar in the previous session due to mild dollar demand from importers amid weak equity markets.
The Indian rupee rose by 10 paise to 44.94 per US dollar, supported by a rally in the domestic stock market and dollar weakness against the euro overseas.
- Baahubali Conclusion marks new era of box-office collections
- No question of taxing agriculture income: Arvind Panagariya
- How burden of the past is hindering progress of India's industries
- HDFC RED, HDFC Realty up for sale? Here's all you need to know
- STF raids petrol pumps in Lucknow: Seven outlets found using chip to dupe customers
- Samsung, Xiaomi, Vivo retain top three spots in Indian mkt, says Canalys
- Vivo V5s selfie smartphone launched in India at Rs 18,990, sale from May 6
- Uber flying cars: Here are the answers to all your questions
- Xiaomi's flagship Mi 6 not coming to India, here's why
- Facebook to roll out India-specific camera effects
News You Can Use
- Soon, Provident Fund withdrawal claims can be settled through your smartphones
- Petrol, diesel prices to change daily: How will it affect you
- Securing your data on mobile phones
- SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges
- NEFT transactions to become faster: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi Metro to sell 550 flats; applications open in May