- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Consumer durables was the only segment which saw an output growth over the year-ago period - it expanded 26.5 per cent compared to 24.7 in August last year.
India is way below neighbouring countries like China and Pakistan in a new global hunger index by the International Food Policy Research Institute.
IMF MD Dominique Strauss says India likely to get more say by January 2011.
In the first four months of 2010-11, imports of items such as automobiles, alcoholic beverages and rubber, too, increased by 87.4 per cent.
Forex dealers said weaker Asian currencies against the American currency along with demand for the US dollar from importers, weighed on the sentiment.
The Sensex companies may see an increase of around 20 per cent in sales, majority of brokerages have forecast.
The rupee appreciated 20 paise to Rs 44.22 a dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market in early trade on Monday on surging capital inflows.
A report by consultant firm Grant Thornton says there were as many as 57 merger and acquisition transactions worth $601 million in the month of September.
Data provided by TAAI indicate that two new casinos and attractive amusement parks have combined to ensure Singapore's popularity this season.
In the latest figures, inflation was driven by higher prices of pulses, rice and wheat. On an annual basis, cereal prices have risen 5.26 per cent.
- Baahubali Conclusion marks new era of box-office collections
- No question of taxing agriculture income: Arvind Panagariya
- How burden of the past is hindering progress of India's industries
- HDFC RED, HDFC Realty up for sale? Here's all you need to know
- STF raids petrol pumps in Lucknow: Seven outlets found using chip to dupe customers
- Samsung, Xiaomi, Vivo retain top three spots in Indian mkt, says Canalys
- Vivo V5s selfie smartphone launched in India at Rs 18,990, sale from May 6
- Uber flying cars: Here are the answers to all your questions
- Xiaomi's flagship Mi 6 not coming to India, here's why
- Facebook to roll out India-specific camera effects
News You Can Use
- Soon, Provident Fund withdrawal claims can be settled through your smartphones
- Petrol, diesel prices to change daily: How will it affect you
- Securing your data on mobile phones
- SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges
- NEFT transactions to become faster: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi Metro to sell 550 flats; applications open in May