- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
India has around three dozen century-old companies that are listed and still actively traded. Of these we have selected some that have done especially well at responding to change.
Despite internecine fights, splits and a hostile takeover bid, DCM has survived and hopes to thrive.
History is only a by-product for Bennett, Coleman & Co., which has been revving up over the past 20 years.
It moved into the Birla fold over 60 years ago and has survived by diversifying beyond textiles into cement.
The owners' decision to let employees run Dabur has transformed the company's fortunes.
The Taj group of hotels, host to the world's most powerful and glamorous, has survived everything from snubs to bombs.
In Egypt, the brand is synonymous with its best known product.
Unfazed by setbacks and controversies, Bombay Dyeing has been re-inventing itself.
Britannia has risen from a Rs 295 start-up to a Rs 4,000-crore leader in its industry.
A pioneer in bringing electricity to India, CESC is now once more among the country's most efficient utilities.
The safes, locks, typewriters, refrigerators and trucks manufactured by Godrej & Boyce are all iconic products.
From a plain old cigarette-maker, ITC has morphed into an FMCG, hotels and packaging powerhouse.
The brand of paint that coats the Howrah Bridge has seen three ownership changes. A fourth may be on the anvil.
- Your Note 7 replacement is here: Xiaomi launches Mi Note 2
- Want to gift something cool this diwali? Check out these offbeat gadgets
- Best smartphones you can gift this festive season
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL to go on sale in India from October 25
- Snapdeal reveals best-selling smartphones during the Unbox Diwali sale
News You Can Use
- 10 financial tips for people in 30s for a stress-free future
- Travel time for 14 premier trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi reduced
- Top 10 fastest cars in the world
- 11 financial mistakes people in their 30s make to regret later
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to get petrol variant soon
- Reliance Jio: SIM card, 4G plans, apps and more