- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Share buybacks have touched a record high in 2016/17. The reasons are imposition of 10 per cent tax on dividend income above Rs 10 lakh in last year's Budget, over and above the 15 per cent dividend distribution tax that is deducted by the company at the time of dividend payment. We crunch the numbers for you
The way things are moving, chances of a moderate GST regime are low.
To make mining more attractive, the government must ensure clarity in policy and fast action.
New governments in five states have their task cut out for kick-starting growth.
Solar and wind power tariffs are falling, based on assumptions which may change.
Automakers are in a bind over unsold non-compliant inventory once BS-IV emission norms come into force from April 1.
Incumbents take a beating in their fight with Reliance Jio.
Digital advertising has started eating into the share of not just print but also television.
Shares pledged by promoters touched a 13-quarter high at the end of December.
Is RBI right in stonewalling the RTI query on note ban?
Stock markets are close to all-time highs on the back of Assembly election results. Further gains look unlikely.
Given the enormity of the task and staff crunch in the tax department, the success of Operation Clean Money is in doubt.
Suzuki ropes in Toyota to fill the gaps in technology in exchange for market access.
Rising fuel prices and intensifying competition have crippled the profitability of airlines despite impressive growth in passenger traffic.
The government's direct benefit transfer scheme is riddled with problems.
The proposed Vodafone-Idea merger, although beneficial for the sector, may not augur well for consumers.
Low cost of debt has helped Reliance raise huge loans. Jio's success is a must for it to again rebalance its debt-to-equity ratio.
- Filing Income Tax Return to become easy; e-filing to start from April 1
- Over 300 meat shops, including KFC, forced to shut down in Gurugram by 'Shiv Sainiks' for Navratri
- Tata Motors launches compact sedan Tigor at just Rs 4.7 lakhs
- Toshiba's Westinghouse files for bankruptcy; fate of India's nuclear reactors in limbo
- Bharti Infratel stock closes 5.36 percent higher post inter-se transfer of stake by Airtel
- Micromax launches Dual 5 for Rs 24,999
- Low-cost fitness trackers driving India's wearable market; Goqii, Xiaomi dominate
- Motorola to launch Moto G5 in India on April 4. Here's how you can get one
- This new version of Truecaller lets you send/receive money
- Elon Musk's new start up Neuralink aims to connect human mind with computers
- Five tips to get a good salary hike this year
- India Inc to get 9.5 per cent salary hike this year
- Maruti Suzuki opens online booking for Baleno RS
- Reliance Jio Prime vs Airtel, Vodafone, Idea 4G offers
- Reliance Jio plans to bring 5G internet to your smartphones
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months