- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
In an interview with Anand Adhikari on the sidelines of the BT-MindRush event in New Delhi recently, Jamling discusses the similarity between business and mountaineering, among other things.
Says Ram Charan, who advises some of the world's best-known and most successful CEOs.
The two-day Business Today MindRush 2014 offered huge takeaways for corporate leaders on how to stay at the top of their game at all times.
Jamling said he relied on his support team, primarily the Sherpas to get on the top of the mountain.
"It is important to have a burning desire, and to be passionate about your dreams", said Mt. Everest climber Jamling Tenzing Norgay.
Docker conducted a more than two-hour session that was intended to make leaders aware of how the brain works and how to engage in Right-to-Left thinking.
"There is a culture of entitlement versus the culture of performance. We believe in the culture of performance. Nobody takes anything for granted," said TCS CEO.
You can always improve your cognitive skills and abilities, said experts Peter Docker and P. Murali Doraiswamy at BT MindRush.
Doraiswamy said there are seven important mantras to take care of the biggest asset we have-the brain-and keep it healthy.
Naina Lal Kidwai, chairperson of HSBC India said that the menace of black money must be tackled not just at the top level but at the lowest levels of the government.
Hailing fresh initiatives taken by the new government, Purie called Modi's 'Make in India' campaign a step in the right direction.
- Providence selling stake in Idea Cellular for $190 million
- LIC's total premium income up 12% in nine months of FY17
- Will challenge TRAI's clean chit to RJio offers: Vodafone
- Have few solid operators, encourage consolidation: Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Protesting Ola, Uber cab drivers seek Gadkari's intervention
- Paytm E-Commerce launches new online marketplace app, Paytm Mall
- Blast from the past: Nokia 3310 revived with monster of a battery and more features
- Look who's back! Nokia 3310 makes a comeback with better,bigger version
- WhatsApp keen to plug into India's digital commerce play
- HP expands gaming portfolio with Omen range of notebooks and desktops
News You Can Use
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months
- How to calculate the EMI on your loan
- Mistakes to avoid while doing tax planning in 2017
- Five things to know about new Suzuki Swift 2017
- Service charge by hotels and restaurants not mandatory
- Here's what you need to know to save taxes in 2017