- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
On a fortnightly basis, global equity markets traded on a positive note as a result of the dovish statement made by the US Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, who commented on the need for stabilization of foreign economies and its markets.
In the past fortnight, spot gold prices plunged 5.6 per cent to close below $1,000/oz levels while MCX gold prices declined 5.1 per cent to close at Rs 24,731/10 gms.
Precious metals are expected to trade lower while crude is expected to remain volatile over the next fortnight, writes Angel Broking's Naveen Mathur.
Crude oil prices will continue to see weakness as ample supplies and bleak demand will exert downside pressure.
Gold and silver prices are expected to trade higher in the coming fortnight on bargain buying at lower levels coupled with renewed speculative interest.
Expect chana prices to trade sideways to lower note during the next fortnight due to government intervention and good sowing progress.
Commodities are expected to trade higher as the ECB action on monetary easing to revive the sagging Euro Zone is a signal that the economy is in doldrums.
- Motherson Sumi buys Finland's PKC Group for $619 million
- To protest CM Yogi's order, meat sellers to go on strike in Uttar Pradesh from today
- Reliance Jio's Prime membership might remain available till April 30
- Uber suspends self-driving car program after Arizona crash
- Make UP roads pothole free by June 15, Aditya Nath tells PWD
News You Can Use
- Five tips to get a good salary hike this year
- India Inc to get 9.5 per cent salary hike this year
- Maruti Suzuki opens online booking for Baleno RS
- Reliance Jio Prime vs Airtel, Vodafone, Idea 4G offers
- Reliance Jio plans to bring 5G internet to your smartphones
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months