- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee says if the Railway Budget for this year succeeds in cutting operating costs, it would be a major improvement.
Indian Railway Station Development Corporation will redevelop and maintain stations on patterns of airports.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hails as forward-looking the Rail Budget which has proposed hike in passenger fares in various ranges in different categories.
The Trinamool Congress opposes the rail fare hike announced by Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, who is from the same party, and sought a rollback.
The Indian Railways run the third largest railroad network in the world spread over some 64,000 route km, with 12,000 passenger and 7,000 freight trains each day.
Given the political compulsions, here are 10 steps Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi should initiate in this Rail Budget.
- MBAs and BTechs clean drains to become sweepers in Uttar Pradesh
- Boss spent a whopping Rs 3.5 crore to take his employees for a vacation
- A train 2X faster than bullet train is coming to India
- 10 clever ways to save your heard-earned money
- Paris adopts Delhi's odd-even formula to beat worst pollution in a decade
News You Can Use
- 10 financial tips for people in 30s for a stress-free future
- Travel time for 14 premier trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi reduced
- 11 financial mistakes people in their 30s make to regret later
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to get petrol variant soon
- Reliance Jio: SIM card, 4G plans, apps and more
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Indian price list released