- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee says if the Railway Budget for this year succeeds in cutting operating costs, it would be a major improvement.
Indian Railway Station Development Corporation will redevelop and maintain stations on patterns of airports.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hails as forward-looking the Rail Budget which has proposed hike in passenger fares in various ranges in different categories.
The Trinamool Congress opposes the rail fare hike announced by Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, who is from the same party, and sought a rollback.
The Indian Railways run the third largest railroad network in the world spread over some 64,000 route km, with 12,000 passenger and 7,000 freight trains each day.
Given the political compulsions, here are 10 steps Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi should initiate in this Rail Budget.
- You can withdraw EPF for medical treatment without doctor certificate
- Tata Motors bags Rs 375cr order from MoD to supply 3192 Safaris
- Non-payment of Rs 1,500 cr will land Subrata Roy in jail: SC
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes another record before its release; more than one million tickets sold on Bookmyshow
- Govt extends service tax return filing date to April 30
News You Can Use
- Soon, Provident Fund withdrawal claims can be settled through your smartphones
- Petrol, diesel prices to change daily: How will it affect you
- Securing your data on mobile phones
- SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges
- NEFT transactions to become faster: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi Metro to sell 550 flats; applications open in May