- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
RAILWAY BUDGET 2014-15
In his Railway Budget speech, the minister indicated that most new projects would be done via the public-private partnership model. He also emphasised on exploring alternative sources of resource mobilisation and not depend on fare increases alone.
The initiatives on bullet trains, high-speed trains, advanced e-reservation system are long term.
The first rail Budget of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government has made it clear that if the rail network needs to be fixed, users will have to pay for it.
Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda presented the Rail Budget for 2014-15 financial year in Parliament on Tuesday. Here's the full text of his speech.
- Sensex hits all-time high, Nifty nears 10,000 level; Reliance Industries leads gains
- Tata Housing to invest up to Rs 800 cr for expansion in FY18
- Social media weaning away time spent on newspapers,TV:Assocham
- Odisha eyes 30% growth in foreign tourist arrivals in 2017
- No sign of missing Indians in Iraq despite Sushma Swaraj's assurance they are alive
- Xiaomi's 3rd Mi Anniversary sale: Top offers and other highlights
- Reliance Jio's Rs 500 4G feature phone, a reality or just hype?
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 first sale today: Specifications, pricing and more
- Xiaomi's 3rd Mi anniversary begins today: Redmi 4A at Re 1, earphones, powerbanks on offer
- Small on size, small on price: Xiaomi launches its smallest smart TV; price, specs and more
News You Can Use
- Soon, Provident Fund withdrawal claims can be settled through your smartphones
- Petrol, diesel prices to change daily: How will it affect you
- Securing your data on mobile phones
- SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges
- NEFT transactions to become faster: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi Metro to sell 550 flats; applications open in May