- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Foodgrain production in India has grown by 8.1 per cent to 271.98 million tonnes in 2016-17, as per the 2nd advance estimates released by the ministry of agriculture & farmer welfare.
India, the world's biggest sugar consumer, had made a similar move in April as two straight droughts in 2014 and 2015 reduced output while demand stayed high.
Government has said there is no scope for India to increase the import duty on apples without further negotiations under the WTO regime.
Edible oils are a common ingredient in Indian cuisine, used in everything from curries to samosas, with soyoil seen as more healthy than palm.
The analysis done by a satellite can easily assess the vegetation cover to field level.
Higher minimum support price (MSP) will increase the availability of pulses and help contain food inflation, Finance Ministry said on Thursday.
- 'Bad bank to push clean-up; PSBs may need higher govt support'
- Volvo eyes long haul transportation segment in India
- Gratuity payment ceiling to double to Rs 20 lakh; Unions support govt decision
- Infosys seeks shareholder nod to amend Articles of Association
- India to be fastest growing economy among G-20 nations: Moody's
News You Can Use
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months
- How to calculate the EMI on your loan
- Mistakes to avoid while doing tax planning in 2017
- Five things to know about new Suzuki Swift 2017
- Service charge by hotels and restaurants not mandatory
- Here's what you need to know to save taxes in 2017