- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
To promote cash-less transactions, the government had waived the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) on fuel purchase post demonetisation for consumers. But after the expiry of the 50-day window, the banks have decided to levy MDR on petrol pump owners.
India's largest LNG importer Petronet has signed an agreement to set up a USD 950 million liquefied natural gas import project in Bangldesh.
"Natural gas is the next-generation fossil fuel, cheaper and less polluting," Modi said in an address at flagship energy event, Petrotech.
US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil futures were trading at $50.87 per barrel at 0235 GMT, down 17 cents from their last settlement.
Monday's gains take the rally since the agreement was struck on Wednesday to 18 percent for Brent, the highest in almost eight years, and 15 percent for US crude.
News You Can Use
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months
- How to calculate the EMI on your loan
- Mistakes to avoid while doing tax planning in 2017
- Five things to know about new Suzuki Swift 2017
- Service charge by hotels and restaurants not mandatory
- Here's what you need to know to save taxes in 2017