- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
The Economic Survey 2010-11, which was tabled in Parliament, called for reforms in the realty sector, terming it as a key sector for India's growth.
The petroleum ministry has backed the oil companies on the issue but it remains to be seen whether finance minister Pranab Mukherjee factors this into his budget.
Apparel exporters have sought the government's intervention to control a sudden spurt in the prices of cotton and cotton yarn.
The industry has been urging the government to consider the changed circumstances since the previous budget was presented and restore the uniform excise duty structure.
Indian pharma companies also have a new concern - China - from where they source an increasing amount of bulk drugs and intermediaries.
The mutual fund industry has asked the Centre to treat the merger of schemes akin to company consolidation for the purpose of taxation in the upcoming budget.
- Providence selling stake in Idea Cellular for $190 million
- LIC's total premium income up 12% in nine months of FY17
- Will challenge TRAI's clean chit to RJio offers: Vodafone
- Have few solid operators, encourage consolidation: Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Protesting Ola, Uber cab drivers seek Gadkari's intervention
- Paytm E-Commerce launches new online marketplace app, Paytm Mall
- Blast from the past: Nokia 3310 revived with monster of a battery and more features
- Look who's back! Nokia 3310 makes a comeback with better,bigger version
- WhatsApp keen to plug into India's digital commerce play
- HP expands gaming portfolio with Omen range of notebooks and desktops
News You Can Use
- To counter Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel to offer free data for 12 months
- How to calculate the EMI on your loan
- Mistakes to avoid while doing tax planning in 2017
- Five things to know about new Suzuki Swift 2017
- Service charge by hotels and restaurants not mandatory
- Here's what you need to know to save taxes in 2017