- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Accepting the challenge of maintaining the fiscal deficit at 4.1% for the financial year 2014-15, a budgetary framework has been cast - amendments made on the personal tax front reflect the overall objective of fiscal prudence.
The government has increased the limit from 26 per cent to 49 per cent under the government approval with continuity of control in Indian hands.
Business Today spoke to Vidyut Gulati, Partner, Amarchand Mangaldas, on steps she expects Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to take in the Budget.
The most pressing issue before the Finance Minister is the revival of investments and the economy.
The clear majority enjoyed by the new government has made the common man look up to the upcoming Budget in July with greater expectation.
The recent amendments to the indirect-tax laws have further added to the already unresolved challenges faced by the IT industry.
- Tatas not shutting production of loss-making Nano due to emotional reasons: Mistry
- Hindustan Unilever Q2 net profit rises 11.54% on higher income
- There's a new ATM that dispenses gold coins
- Hero MotoCorp reports 27.74% rise in Q2 net profit
- Tata Group stocks take a sudden plunge after Mistry's letter to Tata board
- Ola rolls out two new features, 'Just in Time' and 'Rich Notifications'
- Best computing devices you can gift this festive season
- Asus Zenfone 3: Impressive hardware but comes at a price
- Aadhaar card-based authentication can keep your ATM cards safe from next year
- Samsung on fire again: After Note 7, now Galaxy S7 Edge explodes
News You Can Use
- 10 financial tips for people in 30s for a stress-free future
- Travel time for 14 premier trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi reduced
- Top 10 fastest cars in the world
- 11 financial mistakes people in their 30s make to regret later
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to get petrol variant soon
- Reliance Jio: SIM card, 4G plans, apps and more