- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
Accepting the challenge of maintaining the fiscal deficit at 4.1% for the financial year 2014-15, a budgetary framework has been cast - amendments made on the personal tax front reflect the overall objective of fiscal prudence.
The government has increased the limit from 26 per cent to 49 per cent under the government approval with continuity of control in Indian hands.
Business Today spoke to Vidyut Gulati, Partner, Amarchand Mangaldas, on steps she expects Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to take in the Budget.
The most pressing issue before the Finance Minister is the revival of investments and the economy.
The clear majority enjoyed by the new government has made the common man look up to the upcoming Budget in July with greater expectation.
The recent amendments to the indirect-tax laws have further added to the already unresolved challenges faced by the IT industry.
- Govt aims 40 per cent sown area under insurance cover in 2017-18
- Success rate among Indian start-ups is good: IT expert
- PMO ask depts to provide enabling framework to attract FDI
- Pass on cost reduction from GST to consumers: Min to industry
- Thailand expects to host 12 lakh tourists from India in 2017
- This RBI-certified app lets you book alcohol online
- Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+: Top 5 features we like about Samsung's latest and greatest
- Google plans to introduce ad-blocking feature in Chrome browser on smartphones and desktops
- Apple may start 'trial assembly' in Karnataka by next month
- Amazon launches New Fire TV Stick for Rs 3,999
News You Can Use
- Soon, Provident Fund withdrawal claims can be settled through your smartphones
- Petrol, diesel prices to change daily: How will it affect you
- Securing your data on mobile phones
- SBI hikes minimum balance for savings a/c, other charges
- NEFT transactions to become faster: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi Metro to sell 550 flats; applications open in May