In the Assembly Elections 2018, the BJP has been battling out the anti-incumbency factor in three out of five states, while the Congress, led by Rahul Gandhi, has tried every trick in the book to woo voters.
Congress has taken lead in 100 seats and won one - one seat above the halfway mark - whereas the Bharatiya Janata Party is leading in 70 seats and has emerged victorious in three.
As per the latest trends, the Congress has been staging ahead on 66 seats in Chhattisgarh, while the ruling BJP has been reduced to just 15 seats. The Rahul Gandhi-led party has been leading on 102 seats in Rajasthan, while the BJP is behind at 72 seats.
The BSE SENSEX closed at 35,150.01, up by 190.29 points, or by 0.54 per cent and the NSE Nifty ended higher by 67.50 points, or 0.64 per cent, at 10,555.95.
At hand is a civil matter, public sector bank consortium is looking to get back the money they lent to now defunct Kingfisher Airlines and United Breweries Holdings Limited which stood as its guarantor.
- Congress headed for victory in 3 states; trend to continue in rest of India, says Sachin Pilot
- Kentucky Governor to lead American business delegation for Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- Surjit Bhalla resigns from PM Modi's economic advisory council
- Court bans sale of several Apple iPhone models in China for violating Qualcomm patent
- YES Bank stock top gainer on Sensex, Nifty ahead of December 13 board meeting
- Sensex, Nifty pare losses ahead of assembly election results: 10 things to know
- Market overlooks BJP poll defeat: Sensex, Nifty see a dip, but not a crash
- Sensex, Nifty LIVE Updates: Sensex closes 190 points higher, Nifty above 10,550-mark
The government has requested WhatsApp to introduce a feature seeking consent of users before adding them to any of the groups
- Huawei 8C goes on sale today on Amazon India, HiHonor Store
- Samsung Galaxy A8 with Infinity-O display to launch today
- Nokia 8.1 Android One phone launch in New Delhi today, check out price, specifications
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 vs Nokia 7.1 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro: Best features, price, performance
- WatchOS 5.1.2 update brings ECG app to Apple Watch Series 4, available only in the US
- Indian Android apps seek 45% more user permission than their global counterparts, says study
- Why equity-linked saving schemes make more sense than regular equity funds
- How to get your money back if you fall victim to online fraud
- How to book JioPhone? Should you do it online or visit a Jio store
- Are IPOs an attractive investment in today's scenario?
- EPFO mulls crediting ETF units to PF accounts