- Kenichi Ayukawa: Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki India
Best CEO: Auto and Auto Ancillaries
Kenichi Ayukawa's tenure has seen Maruti stem the slide in marketshare and further consolidate its hold on the Indian market.
- M.K. Jain: MD & CEO, Indian Bank
M.K. Jain led a successful transformation of South-based Indian Bank. He is now heading the much bigger IDBI Bank with multiple challenges.
- Varun Berry: Managing Director, Britannia Industries
Best CEO: FMCG
Varun Berry aims to make Britannia Industries a total foods company in another three years.
- Yadupati Singhania: Chairman and Managing Director, JK Cemant
Best CEO: Cement
The 64-year-old chairman and managing director of JK Cement is a self-effacing mix of legacy and modernity who remains rooted to Kanpur.
- Y.C. Deveshwar: Chairman, ITC
Y.C. Deveshwar has been hugely successful in using cash flows from the tobacco business to build multiple drivers of growth.
- Sajjan Jindal: Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel
Best CEO: Mining and Metals
Steel baron Sajjan Jindal beefed up capacities and turned around sick steel mills during the commodity downturn.
- Kapil Wadhawan: CMD, Dewan Housing Finance Corporation
Kapil Wadhawan has built a large financial services empire by serving people at the bottom of the pyramid.
- Navin Agarwal: Executive Chairman, Vedanta
Best CEO: Mining and Metals
Navin Agarwal spearheaded the consolidation, debt reduction and capacity expansions plans of Vedanta group companies. He has more on his plate
- Romesh Sobti: MD & CEO, IndusInd Bank
Romesh Sobti, who has turned around the mid-sized private sector bank over the past 10 years, is now working on doubling the size in the next three years.
- Indu Shekhar Jha: Chairman and MD, Power Grid Corporation of India
Best CEO: Power
As head of Power Grid, Indu Shekhar Jha's role is crucial to achieving the government's ambitious energy objectives.
- V.C. Nannapaneni: Chairman and Managing Director, Natco Pharma
Best CEO: Pharma and Health Care
By following the strategy of doing a few things well, V.C. Nannapaneni has helped Natco Pharma carve out a space for itself.
- A.M. Naik: Non-executive Chairman, L&T
Lifetime Achievement Award
A.M. Naik transformed the company into a global engineering & technology powerhouse.
- B. Ashok: Chairman, Indian Oil Corporation
Best CEO: Oil & Gas
After his success at Indian Oil, B. Ashok takes on the challenge of building a mega refinery
Top 500 Companies Find out which are the top companies in India - both from private and public sectors.
India's Best CEOs Top leaders who have shepherded a range of firms and taken them to greater heights.
India's Best CFOs The awards recognise the people who have perhaps the most difficult job in corporate India - heading the finance department.
India's Best Banks For keen followers of the personal finance sector, this survey ranks India's best banks.
The Luxury Issue Indians in greater numbers are starting to understand what luxury means.
OVER THE YEARS