- Mukesh Ambani: Chairman and MD, Reliance Industries
Best CEO: Super Large Companies
Mukesh Ambani is betting on consumer businesses to take RIL's story forward.
- Vinod K Dasari: CEO and MD, Ashok Leyland
Best CEO: Auto & Ancillaries
Vinod Dasari's focussed leadership helped debt-ridden Ashok Leyland avoid a crash and turn around.
- Varun Berry: MD, Britannia Industries
Best CEO: FMCG
Britannia Industries' MD Varun Berry is set to turn the company into a total foods company.
- VC Nannapaneni: Chairman & MD, Natco Pharma
Best CEO: Pharma & Healthcare
Despite no big product launches in the US last year, Natco Pharma gained from its strategy of focussing on a few big products. It now hopes to build on this.
- Rajeev Jain: MD, Bajaj Finance
Best CEO: Financial Services
Rajeev Jain has the unique ability to think like a customer and come up with marketable products.
- HM Bangur: Managing Director, Shree Cement
Best CEO: Cement
Shree Cement believes in being different. So, it expanded during a downturn, and even bought a Gulf-based company. The bold bets are set to pay off.
- Sajjan Jindal: Chairman & MD, JSW Steel
Best CEO: Metals & Mining
Sajjan Jindal, Chairman of JSW Steel, buys when everyone sells. When many of his industry rivals have lost their steel businesses due to high debt, Jindal has emerged as a strong contender for the distressed assets.
- Kenichi Ayukawa: MD & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India
Best CEO: Large Companies
Kenichi Ayukawa led Maruti to a position of historic strength in 2017/18 and is prepping the company for future challenges.
- Indu Shekhar Jha: Former CMD, PowerGrid Corporation of India
Best CEO: PSU (Ex-BFSI)
IS Jha's focus on speed of execution of projects has done wonders for PowerGrid.
- CP Gurnani: MD & CEO, Tech Mahindra
Best CEO: IT & ITES
CP Gurnani's formula is to break down complex issues and tackle the parts one by one.
- Bhaskar Bhat: Managing Director, Titan Company
Best CEO: Medium Companies
From selling mechanical watch movements in Tata Press way back in 1983, to building The Titan Company into a Rs 15,656 crore-lifestyle brand, Bhaskar Bhat has taken lifestyle to the masses.
- Azim Premji: Chairman, Wipro
Azim Premji is not only one of India's biggest entrepreneurs, he is also the face of corporate philanthropy.
- Alluri Indra Kumar: Chairman & MD, Avanti Feeds
Best CEO: Small Companies
From human hair to shrimp feed to related opportunities, Alluri Indra Kumar can find the link, and make it work.