Good news for those who love to shop online! Your deliveries are likely to get a lot faster thanks to Amazon India's newly launched prime services.
Amazon has stepped up its game in the Indian e-commerce world with the launch of Amazon Prime, which promises to offer a variety of delivery benefits to customers.
"With Prime, guaranteed one-day delivery becomes an everyday experience instead of an occasional indulgence, and with no minimum purchases, it provides unlimited convenience all year long," Amit Agarwal, Vice-President & Country Head, Amazon India said.
We have compiled eight points that you must know before you subscribe to this service:
- Amazon Prime is now available on a 60-day free trial basis for Indian customers. Users can continue to avail the facility for a membership fee of Rs 499 a year.
- This, however, is a special introductory price and the original cost of the membership is Rs 999.
- One-day and two-day delivery will be free for Prime members compared to non-Prime members who will be charged Rs 100 for one-day delivery and Rs 80 for two-day delivery. Those are also the existing rates.
- The current rate for standard delivery (2-7 days) is Rs 40. However, orders with items that are 'Fulfilled by Amazon' worth Rs 499 or more qualify for free delivery.
- Amazon describes the Prime service as "Amazon fulfilled + free fast delivery". Amazon fulfilled, an existing scheme, indicates products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon.
- Not all items on the Amazon website will eligible for Prime benefits. Customers can purchase only those products under the scheme which have a Prime logo next to the products on the Amazon website.
- In the US, Amazon Prime members can also access Amazon Video and Amazon Music. While there is no news on Amazon Music, the online retail giant says on its website that Amazon Video is coming.
- This would mean Indian viewers will get access to Amazon original series and movies from Indian and global content providers.