Though there is not a single business news story which can be termed less important, there are some which stand out among those we cover during a day. Here are the top five of them which we found the most relevant today.
- Stock market slump leaves investors poorer by Rs 2 lakh cr Tracking the severe weakness in the stock market , the total investor wealth of BSE-listed companies plummeted by Rs 2,04,724.62 crore to Rs 99,05,243 crore.
- Google to build biggest campus outside US in Hyderabad Google will build its largest campus outside the US in Hyderabad at an investment of Rs 1,000 crore, according to Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao.
- Verizon to buy AOL in $4.4 billion deal Verizon Communications Inc said it would buy AOL Inc in a deal valued at about $4.4 billion to gain access to AOL's digital advertising service and content.
- YU launches Yuphoria smartphone at Rs 6,999 At a press conference in New Delhi, smartphone maker YU has announced the launch of its new smartphone, Yuphoria. This is the second smartphone in the YU portfolio and has been priced aggressively at Rs 6,999.
- Govt eyes solar loan from German bank KFW German development bank KFW could lend India $1.1 billion for rooftop solar projects, on top of another loan it has extended to help the Asian country fund its ambitious green energy plans, a top renewable energy bureaucrat told Reuters.