Though there is not a single business news story which can be termed less important, here are five developments that you must know today.
- Job cut to have minimum impact on India: HSBC Even though British lender HSBC on Tuesday announced a mega plan to improve performance by culling up to 25,000 jobs globally, the impact of the global exercise is expected to be minimal for its operations in India and some surprise benefits may also come in.
- Bharti Airtel hikes data rates for pre-paid customers in Delhi Bharti Airtel has increased mobile internet tariffs of 2G and 3G services for pre-paid users in Delhi, NCR, becoming the second major operator after Idea Cellular to hike rates following the March spectrum auction.
- OnePlus One gets a price cut of Rs 3,200 The announcement made on its blog also states that the firm has joined hands with Dropbox to offer a one year Dropbox Pro subscription plus 64GB OnePlus One bundle for only $349.
- PVR buys DT Cinemas from DLF for Rs 500 cr As a result of the proposed acquisition, PVR will have a presence in 44 cities with 115 multiplexes and 506 screens, PVR said. In November 2009 as well, DLF had signed an agreement with PVR to sell DT Cinemas, but deal fell through in February 2010.
- Apple announces new music streaming service The $10-a-month music service is called Apple Music and combines on-demand listening, a 24/7 radio station hosted by live DJs and a forum for artists to give fans behind-the-scenes content from upcoming releases.