Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing a gathering after laying foundation stone of Mopa greenfield airport in Goa said that this suffering is for 50 days; After cleanliness, not even a mosquito can fly.
Terming the whole demonetisation exercise as a secret operation, PM Modi said it was 10 months of work involving printing new notes that was announced on November 8.
Here's what PM Modi said at the event:
- People in 2G scam have to stand in queue for Rs 4000.
- "Previous govts neglected this; Did I hide anything? We took a key step to help honest citizen to defeat the menace of graft
- Demonetisation was a major step to fight blackmoney and corruption; People had asked me to fight graft
- First time Rs 67,000 crore black money deposited under amnesty scheme; Total of Rs 1,25,000 crore has been deposited in govt exchequer.
- If any money that was looted in India and has left Indian shores, it is our duty to find out about it
- If I commit any mistake, I am ready to face any punishment the country will give me. But I promise to deliver corruption-free India
- Will expose corruption since Independence; If I have to employ 1 lakh youths for this, will do
- I was not born to sit on a chair of high office. Whatever I had, my family, my home-I left it for nation.
- Have more projects in mind to make India corruption-free; cooperate with me for 50 days to ensure this
- Give me only 50 days, if I fail, I am ready to accept any punishment from the country, PM Modi said