Baisakhi or Vaisakhi is celebrated on April 13 every year. It is an important festival as the day marks the new spring year and also the formation of Khalsa Panth under tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh, in 1699. The Khalsa Panth was formed after the execution of the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Teg Bahadur Singh, who did not follow Aurangzeb's orders and refused to convert to Islam. Apart from this, Baisakhi also marks the harvest of rabi crops. On this day, people remembers the martyrs of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, carried by Britishers in 1919 in which around 1,000 people were killed.
On Baisakhi, gurudwaras hold kirtans, Sikhs visit and bath in rivers or lakes before visiting religious shrines. Community fairs and nagar kirtan processions also mark the holy festival.
In case you are looking for right message to share on this special day, we have got you covered. Here are some of the wishes, messages, images and WhatsApp status that you can share with your friends and family:
- Wishing you lots of love and joy on the festival of harvest. Hope God bless you with the best, happy Baisakhi!
- Happy Birthday to Khalsa. A reminder to forever stand up, speak up and fight against injustice. Happy Baisakhi.
- Let us have fun and dance this Baisakhi. It is the day to celebrate, as happiness spreads around you. Wishing you a Happy Baisakhi 2020...!!!
- Meet old friends, enjoy homemade food and have fun. Happy Baisakhi.
- May the joyful festival of Baisakhi usher in good times and happiness that you so rightly deserve. Happy Baisakhi.
- May your Baisakhi be blessed with the bounty of the season and a harvest of joy and prosperity.
- Please accept my heartfelt good wishes on the joyous occasion of Baisakhi. I wish I could be with you and share the joys of the festivities