- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- TOP EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL BUSINESSWOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
The 30-share Bombay Stock Exchange barometer lost 59.83 points to close at 19,941.72 points. It touched the day's high of 20,105.54 and a low of 19,804.02.
The UK-based company is seeking its shareholders' nod for the sale of an up to 51 per cent stake in Cairn India to Vedanta Resources.
The hike in the rate, the first after RBI's revision of key rates, is applicable to deposits having maturity of over a year and is with immediate effect.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary BMW India has a manufacturing facility in Chennai, with an installed annual production capacity of 3,000 units.
The shareholders of the drug major have given their approval for re-appointment of Habil Khorakiwala as the chairman of the company for another five years.
In line with the broader market, shares of the company surged nearly one per cent to touch an intra-day high of Rs 1,415, fuelling its market capitalisation.
The Indian currency gained another 15 paise against the US dollar on sustained capital inflows from foreign funds, to touch a four-week high of 45.55.
The finance minister said despite knowing well how unpredictable the markets could get, he was happy they were trading at such high figures.
The barometer closed at 20,001.55, up 95.45 points - its best since January 15, 2008, when the index ended at 20,251.09 points.
Under the agreement, Punjab & Sind Bank - having a customer base of about 65 lakh - would collect biometric and demographic details of its account holders.
The order, worth Rs 1,149 crore, is part of Techno Electric Group's agreement with Suzlon for developing 500 Mw of new capacity.
South Asia Creative Assets Ltd, a subsidiary of Astro All Asia Networks Plc, will acquire a 49 per cent stake in NDTV Lifestyle for Rs 182 crore.
Leading stock brokers, including Angel Broking, Motilal Oswal Securities and BCB Brokerage, started providing mobile-based trading facility to its clients.
Witnessing a smart move at the start of the session, bankex, healthcare, FMCG and auto indices touched their respective lifetime highs on the stock exchange.
On lending rate hike, MD and CEO Rana Kapoor said the bank has so far raised benchmark prime lending rate by 5 per cent and it now stood at 17.5 per cent.
The Trade Policy Forum, the trade dialogue platform between the two countries, will be co-chaired by visiting Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma.
- Why e-commerce companies find it difficult to win rural consumers
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal wedding reception starts in Mumbai; check out latest pictures from venue
- Pak receives second USD 1 billion bailout package from Saudi Arabia
- Swiggy, Zomato, others remove 10,500 restaurants for violating food safety law
- Binny Bansal to launch new tech firm with former Flipkart executive
- Apple plans to counter iPhone sales ban in China with software update
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition to go on sale tonight; Check out price, offers, specifications
- OnePlus' first 5G phone to launch by May 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S10 leaks leave little to the imagination; Specs, release dates, price revealed
- Xiaomi reduces prices of all Redmi 6A variants