The Indian economy is being buffeted by a series of crises. Economic growth has slowed down considerably. This has led to lower private investment, fewer new jobs being created and a slowdown in export growth. As if all these are not enough, even agriculture seems to have hit a trough. Much of the slump in GDP growth during the first quarter of the current fiscal to 5.7 per cent has been attributed to the impact of demonetisation last year, followed by the introduction of the Goods & Services Tax or GST this year. To understand where the economy is headed and possible future policy direction, Business Today's Rajeev Dubey posed questions to former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram and Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar. Here are their vastly diverse views on a range of issues.
Why top-notch real estate companies are entering the affordable housing market
B-Schools are breaking the age-old two-year programme template to meet the demand for niche skills.
Learning has soared to new heights across top B-schools, embracing a world view that is holistic.
A new bunch of B-schools promises to reinvent management education but is pulled down by red tape and bureaucracy
In the absence of corporate governance that nurtures the interests of primary stakeholders, the entrepreneurial ecosystem will collapse.
Why more and more business schools are striving for global accreditation
Business sentiment hits a new low on rising concerns over economic slowdown and GST, finds the latest Business Today-C fore Business Confidence Survey.
Some budding entrepreneurs are opting for a B-school course after founding a start-up. Their big attraction - the advantage of networks that a B-school can offer.
The Methodology for BT-MDRA Best B-School Ranking 2017
Business schools are going green and adding IBM analytics labs, Bloomberg terminals to emerge as more attractive destinations.
Despite efforts, the number of women and foreign students in Indias top business schools remains low.
- 100 ideas ready for trials under DoT's 5G hackathon
- Exxon Mobil's total reserves fall 30% after COVID-19 induced oil price drop
- Bharat Bandh on Feb 26: Traders' body calls for shutdown over rising fuel prices, GST norms, e-way bill
- NSE says technical glitch affected online risk management system
- PM Modi to visit Tamil Nadu, Puducherry ahead of polls; inaugurate multiple projects
- YouTube will now let parents choose what their kids can watch
- Vodafone Idea offering double data benefits on Rs 299, Rs 449, and Rs 699 prepaid recharge plans
- Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro launch today: Expected price, features, livestream and everything else
- India plans new social media controls after Twitter face-off
- PUBG Mobile 2 to release next week; India launch uncertain