1. February 2010 Zain Telecom accepts $10.7 billion buyout offer from Bharti Airtel for the sale of its African unit, Zain Africa BV.
2. June 2010 Bharti Airtel completes the acquisition of Zain Telecom's businesses in 15 African countries.
3. February 2011 Weighed down largely by its Africa operations, Bharti Airtel reports a bigger than expected 41 per cent drop in Q3 profits
4. May 2011 Bharti Airtel plans a global bond issue to raise over $750 million.
5. June 10, 2011 Bharti receives investors' nod for issuing bonds worth $1.2 billion to retire part of the Zain acquisition debt