1. September 2008: Quality and manufacturing issues at Ranbaxy's facilities in Dewas and Paonta lead to the US Food and Drug Administration banning 30-odd drugs.
2. July 9, 2011: Ranbaxy nears a settlement with the US FDA, penalty estimated at $300-400 million.
3. Nov 30, 2011: US FDA gives the first positive cue in three years, approves Ranbaxy's completed dosage plant in Mohali.
4. Dec 8, 2011: Manjeet Bindra is appointed as the data reliability officer in the US to prevent FDA violations.
5. Dec 22, 2011: Ranbaxy decides to pay $500 million upfront as penalty to the US FDA.