A clutch of women is successfully storming male bastions at the workplace. However, for most women, it's more of the same at office. A survey by Absolut Data Research & Analytics (Women's Day Study) of almost 700 women in the age group of 18-34 reveals that a majority still feels it's a man's world.
- More than 75% women feel that they have to constantly prove themselves more than their male colleagues.
- Approx. 50% of the population feels that the 'glass ceiling' exists.
- 'Threat of Sexual Harassment', 'office politics' and 'discrimination in pay/promotion' are among the main challenges that women face at their workplace.
- Corporate and government jobs are among the most-preferred employment choices.
- Majority of the respondents feels 'personal aspirations/interests' and 'academic stream' are important factors in influencing career choice.