1. March 2009 Tata Motors announces the commercial launch of Nano, the world's cheapest car; draws over 200,000 bookings.
2. November 2010 Nano sales plunge to 509 units from 9,000 in July, following a series of reports of the car catching fire.
3. May 2011 Tata takes Nano to Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines; posts sales of 70,450 units in 2010/11.
4. July 2011 Nano sales fall in July by 64 per cent to just 3,260 units amid interest rate and fuel price hikes.
5. August 2, 2011 Tata considers setting up overseas factories to assemble Nano to help boost sales of the car