Given below are some of the interesting factoids that Henri Moissnac, Director (Mobile), Facebook, shared with us. But the site isn't stopping there.
According to Moissnac, Facebook is developing new applications that will take advantage of the geo-location abilities of some of the latest mobile devices. And there will also be more for users who do not have data on their mobile devices.
With India a fast growing market for Facebook, the product endorsed (indirectly) by Mahendra Singh Dhoni in an advert and with a growing retinue of users, expect more from the world's largest social network soon.
- Everyday, people spend five billion minutes on Facebook, making it one of the top three properties on the Internet (there are 525,600 minutes in a year).
- Over 125 million people visit the Facebook site every month.
- Of that, 65 million people access the site on their mobile devices using either dedicated applications (BlackBerry, iPhone, Nokia N97) or the mobile website (http://m.facebook.com).
- There are an estimated 4.5 million Facebook users in India alone and India is one of the site's fastest growing geographies.
- Facebook is developing new applications for people with regular mobile devices to connect on the site minus a data connection such as Facebook on SMS available at 9232232665 (92-FACEBOOK) in India.