- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL WOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
It was Dr. Volkmar Denners second visit to India since he became the top boss at Bosch, the world's biggest automotive component manufacturer. It could not have come at a more remarkable time. The Dieselgate scandal of 2015 has just taken a turn for the worse with the arrest of Audi CEO Rupert Stadler last week. For a staunch proponent of the technology, there is much at stake for Bosch on how this controversy plays out. While Denner is concerned with the loss of credibility of the industry, he is also looking beyond the immediate. Taking an hour out of his three-day India tour, Denner shares with Sumant Banerji his vision on electric mobility, the need to straddle various technologies and Bosch's big plans in India that include a Rs 1,700 crore investment roadmap over the next three years. Edited excerpts:
How financial technology companies are transforming the banking sector.
The bankruptcy proceedings would force Indian banks to book heavy losses. They are now focussed on mini- mising the damage
Tuticorin is just one of the many instances of alleged environmental law violation by the group.
As the NDA government enters its final year, there is a long unfinished agenda that it may not be able to implement by 2019.
Futsal turfs, or mini-football grounds, are piquing the interests of sports enthusiasts, investors and entrepreneurs in India.
While IBC and GST are game changers, most policy moves of the Modi government in four years are work in progress
The venture debt market is coming of age in the Indian start-up ecosystem.
Is digital advertising really effective?
He has been buying stressed assets across the world for the last five years. Now NRI Sanjeev Gupta has turned to India. Who is this man and will he succeed?
The scale of value destruction in the telecom sector has been huge. Only sensible policies and practices can save it now.
Delhi HC denying Monsanto's patent right over a gm cotton seed has triggered a debate on the path ahead for innovation-led seed companies.
The RBI's move to clean up bank balance sheets has made close to half a dozen banks nearly dysfunctional. There is little hope of their recovery in the near term.
A significant rise in private investments and constant reforms are needed to accelerate India's growth story.
The rise of family offices is redefining how rich and famous Indian business leaders manage personal wealth and other family matters.
Online renting companies are changing the way Indians use products by disrupting the very idea of ownership.
- Trump to hold second summit with Kim Jong-un in February: White House
- Former CFO Shashidhar Kotian arrested in Rs 5,600-crore NSEL scam
- RBI will undertake policy measures after weighing challenges, opportunities: Shaktikanta Das on Brexit
- Gujarat govt signs 130 MoUs with investment commitments worth Rs 56,000 crore
- RBI Guv says complexity of Indian financial system warrants robust corp governance in banks
- Google to acquire Fossil Group's smartwatch technology for $40 million
- PUBG Mobile update 0.10.5 rolling out with season 5, MK47 Mutant added but there's no Zombie mode
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro with 48 MP camera to launch in Feb; here are the details
- Nearly 77 cr email IDs have been exposed! Here's what you can do to be safe
- Amul sends legal notice to Google India for displaying fake and fraudulent websites