The 21st century has brought in the seismic wave of income growth in Indian society, and longestablished spending attitudes have changed dramatically. A huge shift is under way from expenses on necessities to choice-based spending.
Branded clothes, the latest gadgets and imported goods are tempting the Indian middle class. According to an estimate, India's middle class will grow to more than 40 per cent of the total population to create one of the world's top five consumer markets in the next two decades.
| TRICKS |
Local (global) address:
1. Unfortunately all stores do not offer international shipping. In such cases companies like myus.com and bongous.com solve your problem. You can purchase a product in any store and have it shipped to your local US address provided by these companies once you register for a small fee. The process to get your stuff is little bit more complicated but once you start using it, you'll enjoy your global shopping experience.
2. Once you get the local US address, you can go on a shopping spree online. You can buy from any of the thousands of online shopping sites in the US or even bid and buy from auction sites.
3. During checkout, fill in your new Glocal address as the "shipping" address for your purchase. The address providing company will receive your stuff on your behalf and notify you by email. After preparing your package for shipment to you, including the required international paperwork, you'll get your stuff within a week's time.
"Work hard and spend hard" is the mantra of the young Indian middle class today. These youngsters have no qualms about borrowing and spending money, flaunting wealth or being materialistic. They are also increasingly comfortable using credit cards-the share of Indians who carry plastic money has quadrupled since the late 1990s.
With plastic money in their wallets and up-to-date information about the latest product launches globally, the youth and the moneyed of India are plain lusting to buy.
Though most of global big brands are available in the Indian market, many iconic marques are still missing from the scene. And even those that are present in the country often launch their products much later in India than in the US or other major international markets.
Thankfully, with the change in purchasing power there is also a significant change in the ways we can get our hands on the stuff before it is formally introduced in the Indian market.
An age-old tradition, most practised till date, was to get your apple of tempation by asking a family friend or a close relative who is going abroad on vacation or work. That hoary customs still holds. But a new door has opened up and here's a how-to-buy guide for anyone who does not have relatives abroad or friends travelling at the time.TIPS: Online shopping portals
1. Buying from shopping portals which provide international shipping is the easiest option.
2. Shopping majors like eBay India's 'Global EasyBuy' and Amazon.com offers you the facility of buying products from the US and delivering it to your doorstep.
3. All 'Global EasyBuy' transactions are secured and protected by PaisaPay. Thus, you are eligible for a full refund if you do not receive the item you purchased.
4. You have the convenience to pay in Indian rupee. An interest-free EMI payment option is available for almost all items listed from latest laptops to fancy watches to clothing accessories.
5. eBay will calculate all the costs, including shipping charges, export duties, customs duties, customs clearing charges, service tax, insurance and other charges applicable.
6. All you have to do is to make a single payment and get the item delivered to your doorstep.Courtesy:Gadgets and Gizmos