Extending gains for the third straight session, the S&P BSE Sensex on Friday settled the day 186 points higher after hitting an intraday high of over 350 points, while the broader Nifty50 ended above its key 8,750 level.
Below are five stocks that buzzed in trade today:
- Hero MotoCorp: Shares of Hero MotoCorp surged 1.78 per cent after its auto financing arm Hero FinCorp, raised Rs 1,000 crore from ChrysCapital, Credit Suisse, and the group promoters to expand finance to retail and corporate customers.
- Oil stocks: Shares of state-run oil refiners such as BPCL, HPCL and IOC rallied about 2 per cent after petrol prices were increased for the second time in a month. Petrol price was hiked by 58 paisa a litre.
- J Kumar Infra: Shares of J Kumar Infra rose 5 per cent to hit its upper circuit limit after foreign brokerage CLSA said it was bullish on the stock as it offers a play on urbanisation capex given its successful entry into the metro rail segment.
- Den Network: Shares of Den Network rose 7.79 per cent after the company said the board members would discuss and approve the proposal for preferential issue of equity shares next Tuesday.
- United Breweries: Shares of United Breweries (Holdings) surged 20 per cent as trading volume in the stock jumped by more than 100 times, indicating a block deal, traders said.