The key benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty jumped 0.74 per cent and 0.62 per cent to 27,316.17 and 8,224.95, respectively, on Friday.
The mid-cap and small cap index closed up by 0.58 per cent and 0.28 per cent, respectively.
Banking, oil and gas, FMCG, auto and metal stocks led the rally on the bourses.
Below are five stocks that remained in spotlight today:
- DB Realty: City-based real estate firm DB Realty shares gained over 6 per cent on Friday after the company informed BSE on June 18 that it has joined hands with ECC and Konark to develop a residential project in Andheri in suburban Mumbai. ECC-DB-Konark joint venture is developing a residential project-'DB Skypark' near Terminal 2 of international airport in Andheri. Shares of DB Realty closed 6.32 per cent higher at Rs 64.80 apiece.
- Premier Explosives: Shares of Premier Explosives jumped 10.94 per cent to Rs 271.80 on Friday after the company informed BSE on June 18 post market hours that it has received industrial licence from the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), for Flexible Liner shape charge; Explosives Reacting Armour and Single Base Propellant.
- Bharti Airtel: Bharti Airtel shares gained over 1 per cent on reports that the company has launched 4G trials exclusively for its customers in Delhi NCR and offered complimentary upgrade to its 4G services at 3G prices. Share price of Bharti Airtel jumped 1.51 per cent to Rs 433 on Friday.
- Financial Technologies (India): The share price of Financial Technologies dipped over 4 per cent to 155.40 on Friday on reports that the company has entered into a new share purchase agreement with four companies to sell 16.6 per cent stake in Indian Energy Exchange for Rs 357.06 crore. The earlier agreement that was signed on November 5, 2014 'stands terminated' and the new agreement will be closed within 60 days, subject to certain technology-related conditions and regulatory approvals.
- Amtek Auto: Shares of Amtek Auto rallied over 6 per cent after the clarifications of Castex Technologies that it has not defaulted in any payments. Amtek Auto holds 71.2 per cent of Castex Technologies which produces auto parts for Amtek Auto. Shares of Amtek Auto closed at Rs 141.95.