Stocks in news: Indiabulls, Britannia and more
With the Reserve Bank of India holding the key rates in its monetary policy, here are the five stocks that remained in focus today.
With the Reserve Bank of India holding the key rates in its monetary policy, here are the five stocks that remained in focus today:
- Bharti Airtel: Bharti Airtel has acquired financial solutions firm YTS Solutions for an undisclosed amount and announced appointment of the latter's co-founder Manish Khera as CEO of its mobile wallet service Airtel M Commerce Services. Manish Khera, Co-founder & MD of YTS Solutions will be appointed as CEO of Airtel M Commerce Services Limited (AMSL), which offers Airtel's flagship semi-closed wallet under the brand name 'Airtel Money', Airtel said in a statement. Its shares fell by 1.18 per cent to close at Rs 414 apiece on Tuesday.
- Hero MotoCorp: Two-wheeler market leader Hero MotoCorp on Monday reported a 33.33 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 750.34 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, riding on new product launches and strategic marketing initiatives. Net sales of the company, however, declined by 2.04 per cent for the first quarter at Rs 6,855.98 crore as against Rs 6,999.40 crore in the year-ago period, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement. Its shares fell by 2.89 per cent to close at Rs 2620 apiece on Tuesday.
- Britannia Industries: Britannia Industries on Tuesday reported a 66.86 per cent jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 189.66 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2015, helped by operational efficiencies. Net sales of the company rose to Rs 2,002.51 crore during the quarter, up 12.96 per cent from Rs 1,772.63 crore in the same period of previous fiscal. Its shares rose by 1.17 per cent to close at Rs 3172 apiece on Tuesday.
- Indiabulls Real Estate: Realty player Indiabulls Real Estate on Monday reported a twofold surge in net profit for the quarter ended June 30, at Rs 90.68 crore on improved realisation. Its total income for the April-June period stood at Rs 751.34 crore as against Rs 623.48 crore, registering a growth of 20.5 per cent. During the quarter, the company reported new sales of Rs 801 crore. Its shares rose by 5.10 per cent to close at Rs 64.95 apiece on Tuesday.
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd (TNPL ): The company on Monday reported a 96.87 per cent increase in its first quarter net profit ending June 30, at Rs 51.64 crore. Total income from operations for the April-June quarter soared to Rs 647.63 crore from Rs 485.60 crore registered during corresponding period of previous year. Its shares rose by 4.14 per cent to close at Rs 206.50 apiece on Tuesday.