The domestic markets ended flat in trade on Tuesday after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) maintained status quo in its monetary policy, and left the repurchase (repo) rate unchanged at 6.75 per cent.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended at 26,169.41, up 23.74 points, while broader CNX Nifty settled the day above its key psychological level of 7,950. The 50-share index quoted 7,954.90, up 19.65 points at close.
Market breadth remained positive with 17 of the 30 Sensex components ending the day in green.
Here are top stocks that are likely to remain in focus today:
- Jubilant Life: Shares of Jubilant Life Sciences rallied nearly 10 per cent in trade on Tuesday after the drug firm received final approval from the US health regulator for its generic version of anti-depressant Paxil tablets. The stock ended 8.67 per cent higher after hitting an intraday high of Rs 452.40, up 9.75 per cent on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- Tree House: Snapping the nine-day long losing streak, and after hitting the 52-week low earlier in the day, shares of Tree House Education surged 10 per cent in trade on Tuesday after the company updated stock exchanges about its business plans.
- Torrent Power: Shares of Torrent Power gained 3 per cent after the company sought shareholders' approval for allowing its lenders to convert their loans into equity by passing a special resolution.
- Allahabad Bank: Allahabad Bank on Monday said it may partially or completely divest its stake in the insurance joint venture Universal Sompo General Insurance (USGI). The stock ended flat.
- IOC, BPCL, HPCL: Shares of IOC, BPCL and HPCL gained up to 3 per cent after the price of petrol was cut by 58 paise per litre and that of diesel by 25 paise, reversing the trend of increasing rates.
- Manappuram Finance: Manappuram Finance shares ended at Rs 26.65 after the company said it will raise Rs 2,000 crore by issuing non-convertible debentures (NCDs) on a private placement basis.