Ahead of the US Fed meeting slated for Tuesday and Wednesday and on the doorstep of a futures and options (F&O) expiry, here are the five stocks that were in news today.
- HDFC Bank: HDFC Bank reported 20.1 per cent growth in net profit to Rs 3,356.8 crore for the third quarter of the current fiscal on higher interest income. Its total income rose to Rs 18,282 crore during the December quarter, from Rs 14,931 crore in the year-ago period. Its shares closed 0.94 per cent up at Rs 1039.95 apiece on Monday.
- Cairn India: Cairn India on Friday reported a steep 99 per cent drop in its third quarter net profit as it suffered double blow of falling oil prices and high taxes. Cairn got $34.5 per barrel price for the oil it produced from its flagship Rajasthan fields as compared to about $68 per barrel in the third quarter of previous fiscal. Its shares closed 5.31 per cent up at Rs 118.90 apiece on Monday.
- SpiceJet: Budget airline SpiceJet on Friday reported a net profit of Rs 238.40 crore for the three-month period ended December 2015, staying profitable for the fourth straight quarter mainly aided by lower fuel costs. This is also the highest ever profit recorded by the carrier, which was facing turbulent times a year ago. Its shares closed 11.22 per cent up at Rs 78.80 apiece on Monday.
- Reliance Communications: Telecom operator Reliance Communications (RCom) on Friday reported 15 per cent decline in consolidated net profit to Rs 171 crore for the October- December quarter, mainly on account of 2G licence expiry in five circles, including Bihar and West Bengal. Its shares closed 1.58 per cent down at Rs 65.60 apiece on Monday.
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India: The company on Friday reported 33.24 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 31.26 crore for the third quarter ended December. The company had posted a net profit of Rs 23.46 crore in the same period last fiscal, Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India said in a BSE filing. Net sales from operations rose 11.66 per cent to Rs 217.23 crore in the quarter under review as against Rs 194.54 crore in the year-ago period, it added. Its shares closed 0.94 per cent up at Rs 379.50 apiece on Monday.