The S&P BSE Sensex on Friday settled the day flat, while the broader Nifty50 held above its key support level of 8,600 on the first day of October series of derivatives contracts.
Below are five stocks that buzzed in trade today:
- Alkem Laboratories: Shares of Alkem Laboratories nosedived 8 per cent in Friday's trade as the drug maker received 13 observations from the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA).
- Sintex industries: Sintex industries shares ended 7 per cent higher after the company said that its board approved demerger of custom moulding business and prefab business from the company.
- Lovable Lingerie: Shares of Lovable Lingerie surged 1.5 per cent after the promoters of the innerwear maker said they are in talks with private equity funds Samaara Capital, Multiples Alternatives and CX Partners to sell anywhere between 15 and 20 per cent stake in the company.
- NHPC: Shares of state-owned NHPC rose over 3 per cent after the company said it has signed a power purchase pact with Rajasthan as well as Inox for a 50 mw wind power project in the state.
- Gammon India: Shares of Gammon India ended 5 per cent higher after Economic Times reported the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has issued letter of award (LOA) for two national highways sections in Karnataka on engineering-procurement-contract (EPC) mode under the national highways development project.