Extending losses for the third session, the domestic markets ended sharply lower on Friday, tracking a global sell-off after the European Central Bank's (ECB) stimulus package fell well short of markets' high expectations.
Market breadth remained fairly negative with 25 of the 30 Sensex components ending the day in red.
Here are top stocks likely to remain in focus today:
- Mastek: Shares of Mastek slipped 4.30 per cent after the IT solutions company said it will make no further investments towards development of 'Veyo', a platform built to help in conveyancing process.
- Sun Pharma: Shares of Sun Pharma surged over 6% per cent in trade on Friday after the pharma major informed bourses that one of its subsidiaries has received final approval from US Food and Drug Regulator for its generic version of Gleevec. The stock ended 4 per cent higher after hitting an intraday high of Rs 773, up 6.34 per cent on BSE.
- Zee Learn: Shares of Zee Learn hit their fresh 52-week highs, while those of Tree House Education and Accessories hit upper circuit in trade on Friday after the former said its Board has accorded in-principle approval for exploring consolidation options with latter. The stock of Zee Learn settled the day 3.29 per cent higher on BSE.
- Jain Irrigation Systems: Shares of Jain Irrigation Systems ended over 1 per cent down after the company said its shareholders approved the proposal for raising more than 400 crore funds through issue of equity warrants and compulsorily convertible debentures to agri-business funding firm Mandala Co-Investment and a promoter.
- HCL Technologies: Shares of HCL Technologies settled the day 1.66 per cent down after the IT services major said it has set up a nearshore centre in Tallinn, marking the expansion of HCL's operations in the Baltics region.
- Dena Bank: Shares of Dena Bank rallied 5 per cent in trade on Friday after the public sector lender got board approval for dilution of government holding to up to 52 per cent and raise capital up to Rs 2,500 crore from various bonds. The stock ended 1.73 per cent higher after hitting an intraday high of Rs 45.60, up 4.94 per cent on BSE.
- Tata Motors: Tata Motors owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is reportedly examining a bid worth millions of pounds to buy Britain's Formula One Grand Prix track, according to a media report. The scrip lost 1.36 per cent on BSE.
- SKS Microfinance: SKS Microfinance said it has raised loan ticket size for one and two years of tenure to Rs 30,000 and Rs 50,000.
- Udaipur Cement Works: The promoters of the Udaipur Cement Works, including JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd, will sell their combined stake of 13.64 per cent in the company at a floor price of Rs 10 per share. The stock ended 19.77 per cent lower on BSE.
- DCB Bank: Small size private sector lender DCB Bank said it has tied up with a non-bank lender promoted by south-based TVS Group for expanding its retail loan book. The stock ended over 2 per cent lower.