Domestic markets traded in range as investors booked profits made in the previous session while participation remained weak, weighed by year-end holidays and the derivatives contracts expiry later this week.
The 30-share index ended the day at 26,079.48, up 45.35 points, while broad-based 50-share index quoted 7,928.95, up 3.80 points at close.
Here are top stocks trending in today's trade:
- Srei Infrastructure: Shares of Srei Infra Finance ended 13.35 per cent up after the company said BNP Paribas SA's leasing unit would acquire a 5 per cent stake in the company in lieu of 50 per cent ownership in an equipment financing joint venture.
- Liquor stocks: Shares of brewing firms such as United Breweries and United Spirits slipped up to 3 per cent after Supreme Court upheld Kerala High Court's liquor ban order. The stock of United Breweries ended flat after falling 3 per cent intraday, while United Spirits tumbled 2.69 per cent on BSE.
- Infosys: Country's second largest software services firm Infosys on Monday unveiled a 6.6 MW capacity solar PV power plant at its Pocharam campus in Telangana. The stock of the company ended flat.
- Lupin: Shares of Lupin gained 1.29 per cent intraday after the drug major received US health regulator's approval to market Fyavolv tablets, used to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis, in the American market.
- Saregama India: Financial services major Reliance Capital on Monday acquired 6.82 per cent stake in popular music publishing label Saregama India for Rs 43.17 crore through open market transactions. Reacting to the news, the stock of Saregama India surged over 3 per cent intraday but ended flat, while Reliance Capital added 3.25 per cent.
- Jet Airways: Shares of Jet Airways rallied as much as 2.36 per cent to hit its fresh 52-week high of Rs 652.50 on BSE.
- Educomp Solutions: One of the leading education companies, said on Monday that Educomp Infrastructure & School Management, subsidiary of the company, has executed agreements to sell one of its land and building to third party. The stock of Educomp gained nearly 4 per cent intraday but ended flat at Rs 16.92.
- Suven Life Sciences: Shares of Suven Life Sciences settled the day 2.54 per cent higher after gaining 5 per cent intraday after the company was granted a patent each by Europe and Macau for drug used in the treatment of disorders associated with neurodegenerative diseases.