The domestic markets posted biggest percentage gain in about 7 weeks in trade on Thursday tracking positive trend seen in Asian markets as Federal minutes of the October 27-28 meeting signalled at high probability of December rate hike but a gradual tightening going ahead.
Market breadth remained fairly positive with 26 of the 30 Sensex components ending the day in green.
Here are top 10 stocks which were in focus today:
- Hero MotoCorp: Shares of Hero MotoCorp surged as much as 4.32 per cent in trade on Thursday after the two-wheeler major clocked over 10 lakh units in retail sales during the festive season this year.The stock ended flat on BSE.
- Dr Reddy's: Shares of Dr Reddy's Laboratories recovered to end the day 2.3 per cent lower after falling as much as 6.8 per cent earlier in the day after the drugmaker said it followed all disclosure norms required by the US and Indian regulators.
- Sugar stocks: Most of sugar stocks such as Shree Renuka, Balram Chini and Rajshree Sugars snapped their five-day long gaining streak and fell up to 10 per cent in trade on Thursday as investors judged the recent sharp rally was unwarranted.
- Punj Lloyd: Shares of Punj Lloyd closed the day 5 per cent up after the engineering major bagged two rural electrification contracts worth Rs 483 crore from NTPC for Puri and Koraput districts of Odisha.
- Jindal Stainless: Shares of debt-laden Jindal Stainless fell whopping 57.31 per cent after the company said it is distributing the Rs 8,580-crore debt among four firms and at the same time is cutting down interest cost by 3.35 per cent, through its latest financial and operational restructuring.