Business Today: Latest Business News, India economy News, Stock Markets, Sensex, Mutual Funds and Indian Tax
Loading...
Search

Total 6 results found. Search for [ uttarakhand calamity 2021 ]

Results 1 to 6 of 6
BusinessToday.In
February 11, 2021
According to NDRF officials, the teams were shifted to safer locations in the wake of surging water level and the drilling operation has resumed with limited teams


PTI
February 8, 2021
\"Had my advice been heeded, the loss of lives and largescale damage to property at the project site could have been prevented. The mindless rampaging on the Himalayas in the name of development must stop,\" says Magsaysay awardee Chandi Prasad Bhatt


BusinessToday.In
New Delhi, February 8, 2021
Two power projects, NTPC's Tapovan-Vishnugad hydel project and the Rishi Ganga Hydel Project were extensively damaged yesterday due to glacier break in Uttarakhand with scores of labourers trapped in tunnels as the water came rushing in. Later in the day, 16 men were rescued safely by ITBP personnel from a tunnel near the Tapovan dam.The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) said there was no danger of floods in downstream areas as the water level had been contained. CM Rawat announced Rs 4 lakh compensation for the families of those killed in the tragedy. The Rishi Ganga project was started in 2011 but was damaged for the first time in 2016. Watch the video for more details.


BusinessToday.In
February 8, 2021
Rescue operation is currently underway at a tunnel in Tapovan, where JCB machines, heavy earth moving equipment and excavators are being used to remove silt and find missing people. Uttarakhand police say around 28 to 30 people are likely to be trapped in Tapovan tunnel


BusinessToday.In
February 7, 2021
Glacier Burst in Uttarakhand: At least seven people have died, six injured and around 170 are missing after the Uttarakhand flood incident today, confirms State Disaster Management Center


BusinessToday.In
New Delhi, March 24, 2020
Coronavirus India latest updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the nationwide lockdown will be in effect from midnight to save every Indian. The 21-day lockdown period is to prevent the further spread of COVID-19


PAGES 1 OF 1