- BEST B-SCHOOLS
- INDIA'S BEST EMPLOYERS
- HOTTEST YOUNG EXECUTIVES
- EMERGING COMPANIES
- BEST CFOs
- BEST BANKS
- COOLEST START-UPS
- BEST INNOVATIONS
- MOST POWERFUL WOMEN
- WOMEN'S ISSUE
- BEST SMEs
- LUXURY SPECIAL
- BEST CEOs
- ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
- UNION BUDGET
- BUSINESS TODAY
- BT MORE
- MONEY TODAY
- GADGETS AND GIZMOS
"Debt waivers create a moral hazard from a credit repayment perspective and we cannot have omnibus waivers," chairman Harsh Kumar Bhanwala said, a week after the UP government announced a Rs 36,000-crore farm loan waiver package.
Weather forecasters are not convinced and have warned of severe dryness in the autumn months.
The agency has also downplayed the El-Nino factor, saying the chances of the phenomenon affecting rainfall were remote.
A record production of pulses, oilseeds and coarse cereals is expected on higher acreage under these crops.
According to IMD, the revival of monsoon rains in the grain bowl of northwest and central regions should help speed up the sowing of main summer crops.
The agriculture sector posted two straight quarters of negative growth of 1.1 per cent each to March.
Allaying fears of food prices going up due to deficient rains he said that there are adequate stocks available.
- Will L&T splurge more to woo Mindtree promoters?
- AgustaWestland case: CBI court allows Rajiv Saxena to turn approver
- Arun Jaitley terms Rahul Gandhi's minimum income plan 'biggest bluff', says Congress betrayed India for more than 7 decades
- OLX shifts gears to attract millennials, new internet users on its platform
- Concerns being raised over misuse of IBC provision for withdrawal of proceeding
- T-Series takes the crown of number 1 channel on YouTube from PewDiePie, but only for few hours
- Facebook fixes glitch that exposed millions of user passwords to employees
- No political campaign to be allowed on major social media platforms in last 48 hours before polls
- Hike Holi stickers: How to download gujiya, gulal, bhang stickers
- WhatsApp Holi stickers: How to download and send customised GIFs?