The next generation Maruti Suzuki Swift was recently spotted testing in Germany. The car is likely to hit Indian showrooms in spring 2017.
- The new model will come with three new engine options - a tweaked version of the 1 litre, 3 cylinder BoosterJet engine that powers the Baleno RS/Ignis, an updated 1.2 K-Series engine and subsequently a 140 bhp, 1.4 litre BoosterJet, 4 cylinder petrol motor for the Swift Sport that will only be produced as a 2018 model.
- It is expected to arrive with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki), coupled to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed auto.
- The new model will measure in at 3.84 metres in length and 1.74 metres in width.
- Nine months after the standard version, Suzuki will launch the Swift Sport which features a more sporty exteriors and more power.
- The next-gen model will be lighter than the current Swift. The new model will be about 50mm longer - which will increase the cabin space. Suzuki's new global platform that is used in Baleno and Ignis is expected to make it much more lighter.