Toyota Fortuner has been the most noted vehicle from the Japanese firm's stable running on Indian roads. The firm will launch its latest version in November this year. We look at five things you should know about the Toyota Fortuner 2016.
- Japanese auto manufacturer Toyota India will launch the Fortuner 2016 on November 7, 2016. The firm has already started online registrations for booking the most popular SUV in India.
- The SUV is likely to sport two options in diesel engine-a 2.4 litre GD, VNT Intercooler and a larger 2.8 litre, GD diesel engine. The 2.4 litre diesel engine will produce peak torque of 340 Nm and peak power of 150 bhp. The 2.8 litre engine will produce 172 bhp of peak power and 373 Nm of torque. The new fortuner could also be launched in the petrol version engine in the near future, which may get the 2.7 litre dual VVT-i motor.
- The new Fortuner engines will come with six-speed manual and a six-speed auto gear box. The 2016 model of this SUV is likely to compete with Hyundai Santa FE, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Chevrolet Trailblazer, and Ford Endeavour.
- The new Toyota Fortuner is expected to be priced between Rs 27 lakh - Rs 35 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
- The Fortuner will be based on the company's new Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, also introduced in the new Innova Crysta. The firm claims TNGA makes the cars more lighter, therby increasing the over all handling of the car.