The railway ministry has announced new Suvidha trains to replace the Premium trains that were introduced last year to beat the summer rush. The first train, between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar (Delhi), will run from July 13 to July 30.
A major disadvantage of the Premium trains was that tickets could only be bought online. However, the government plans to plug the gap with the new Suvidha trains. Here's all you need to keep in mind while making reservations in the new trains:
- Only confirmed and RAC tickets will be issued on these trains.
- Advance Reservation Period is maximum 30 days and minimum 10 days.
- Tickets for the trains will be available at railway reservation counters as well as online (on the IRCTC website).
- Fare for these trains is more than that of normal trains; the minimum fare being in the same range of Tatkal fare for the particular class. Fares would increase after booking of every 20 per cent of seats/berths, subject to maximum three times of Tatkal fare.
- There are no concessions/discounted fares for children and senior citizens
- Supplementary charges like reservation charge, superfast charge and service tax shall be levied separately.
- Passengers have to produce an identity card during the journey for verification.
- 50 per cent refund of fare shall be granted up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train or preparation of the chart, whichever is earlier. After that no refund shall be permissible.
- Cancellation of the tickets is not permitted. However, in case of exceptional circumstances, full refund of the fare shall be granted across the counter or directly credited to the customer's account, depending on the mode of booking.
Booking for the bi-weekly Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar train started on July 8.