Ten key steps electronics industry and e-commerce sector want from Budget
February 23, 2015
Venkatesha Babu, deputy editor of Business Today identifies ten steps Budget 2015-16 should focus on in IT, electronics and e-commerce sector.
- More clarity on the government's Rs 10,000-crore start-up fund announced last year.
- Action on Digital India, Make in India and Smart Cities programmes.
- Friendlier tax system for start-ups so that they don't move abroad.
- Service and corporate tax relief to home-grown accelerators.
- Exemption of tax on angel investments done by Indians (currently provided to foreign investors only).
- Clarity on indirect tax issues for e-commerce firms.
- Provide taxes and incentives for equipment imported for R&D.
- Correct inverted duty structure anomalies.
- Promote fabless ecosystem.
- Provide preferential market access for domestic production.