Maruti Suzuki Ignis India launch: All you need to know
October 13, 2016
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its compact crossover vehicle Ignis in India by early next year. We look at features consumers can expect from the much awaited model of India's premium car maker .
- The car will be available in two options. Its petrol variant would sport a 1.2-litre engine that delivers 83 bhp power and 115 Nm of torque. Ignis' diesel variant is expected to have a 1.3-litre engine producing 74 bhp power and 190 Nm of peak torque.
- Ignis is expected to compete with Ford's Ecosport and Mahindra TUV 300 after India launch. The car was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and 2015 Tokyo Motor Show.
- Ignis' infotainment system is likely to be an updated version of Suzuki's 7-inch SmartPlay unit with SD navigation and Bluetooth phone integration. It will also sport Google Android Auto support along with Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink. The car offers big boot space of 267 litre.
- Transmission options will be a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT. Ignis will be sold through Nexa range of dealerships across the nation.
- The firm is likely to launch an environmentally friendly variant of the vehicle India, sporting a 'Hybrid' badge. The vehicle is expected to be priced somewhere between the range of Rs 5 to Rs 7 lakh.