- miniTV has been launched in India as Amazon's new video streaming service.
- The service is currently available only to Android users in the country.
- Amazon says that it will keep on adding new and exclusive content to it going forward.
Amazon has introduced a new video streaming service within its shopping app for its users in India. Called miniTV, the new in-app service comes as the first of its kind by Amazon across the world.
Amazon miniTV is essentially an ad-based video streaming service that is currently available only to Amazon app users in India. Announcing the feature last week, the company said that the miniTV will feature content ranging from web series, comedy shows to food, beauty, fashion content and more.
So those looking to make use of the latest video streaming service, here are some points to keep in mind -
1. As the streaming service is integrated within the app, miniTV will make Amazon India shopping app a single destination for customers wanting to shop for products, make payments or watch free entertainment videos.
All the users have to do is open up their Amazon India app and click on the miniTV section to watch free video content. This will work much like the streaming service offered through in-app portals like on MyJio and Flipkart app.
2. miniTV is the second video entertainment offering by Amazon. The first remains to be Prime Video which requires a paid subscription to work. Amazon has been making a lot of content push on Prime videos too lately.
Unlike Prime Video, miniTV will not need a subscription to work and will only offer free video content to all users.
3. Amazon's miniTV will feature content produced by TVF, Pocket Aces and other production majors. In addition, it will provide content from comedians including - Ashish Chanchlani, Amit Bhadana, Round2Hell, Harsh Beniwal, Shruti Arjun Anand, Elvish Yadav, Prajakta Koli, Swagger Sharma, Aakash Gupta and Nishant Tanwar.
Other content lineup includes videos from beauty experts like Sejal Kumar, Malvika Sitlani, Jovita George, Prerna Chhabra and ShivShakti. Content on food will be covered in videos by Kabita's Kitchen, Cook with Nisha, and Gobble.
4. miniTV is currently available only on Amazon India's Android app. The support for the iOS and mobile web will be released over the coming months. The company has not shared a roadmap as of now though.
5. miniTV will keep on adding more new and exclusive videos for its users in the coming months.