In today's tech-enabled era, smartphone apps can help you spice up your love life as well. From making plans for Valentine's Day, sorting through gifting options, or zeroing in on the best place to dine out, couples have everything handy when armed with a smartphone.
Start-up entrepreneurs, taking cues from the needs of a tech-savvy generation, have built mobile apps to help you organize a perfect date on this Valentine's Day.
Here are five smartphone apps that can get you through V-Day without the rigmarole of planning or spending whopping amounts or running amok in malls and restaurants all over town.
- V-Day experience at home: The services marketplace UrbanClap has introduced an on-demand 'Save The Date' package including, decor, a gourmet chef to prepare a meal for two at home, live music and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. The concept is for couples who want to celebrate the day at their home yet creating a special experience.
- Gift options at local stores: The Shopsity app helps you connect to the lifestyle retailers in your vicinity. You can see the complete catalogue of the store, what is selling, including photos, sizes, price and then decide which store to go for.
- Order V-Day customised food: If you have missed out on restaurant bookings for the V-Day dinner date, you can order from Bite Club - a Gurgaon-based chef-designed virtual restaurant for delivering home-styled food to your doorstep.
- Discounts on your V-day expenses: Whether dining out, taking off for a getaway or simply buying a gift, you can save more with the Groupon app. The app is city-specific, and you can see the offers available in your vicinity on beauty and spa, shopping, dining etc.
- Calculate your V-Day spend: The Wally app helps you keep a tab on your V-Day spend. It lets you log the details of your expenses like amount, venue, time, category, notes, and photos of receipts with the app's InstaScan feature. It can also attach photos and tag friends to capture the people and moments associated with your every expense. The app is available on Android and iPhone.