Business Today
Loading...

PUBG Mobile mistakenly shares videos about India release on YouTube, then deletes them

PUBG Mobile India teasers arrived last year and since then there has been no official announcement around the release.

twitter-logoShubham Verma | April 30, 2021 | Updated 16:17 IST
Source: Reuters

Highlights

  • PUBG Mobile India sent its subscribers notifications for new trailers.
  • However, these trailers were deleted shortly after.
  • The trailers were the same ones the PUBG Mobile India shared in November last year.

The anticipation around the relaunch of PUBG Mobile in India is not dead yet, despite several months of wait. So, when several people received notifications on their phone for four trailers that were meant for the release date announcement of PUBG Mobile India, they got immediately excited -- only to be disappointed later. It seems the PUBG Mobile India YouTube channel mistakenly shared at least four trailers of PUBG Mobile India but deleted them moments later. The description of these trailers suggested an imminent announcement around the release, but that was not the case, according to some people who managed to catch these trailers.

On April 29, PUBG Mobile India reportedly sent notifications to its subscribers on YouTube about four new trailers. Naturally, people who have been awaiting the comeback of their favourite Battle Royale since last year got excited seeing the notifications. Some of them immediately clicked on the notifications to see what is up and check when PUBG Mobile would return to India. That is because the description in the videos said "All new PUBG Mobile coming to India". However, PUBG Mobile India deleted these trailer videos a few minutes later. That was a disappointment for many who tapped the notification a little late. But even to those who managed to catch a glimpse.

These four trailers by PUBG Mobile India were nothing but the same ones that Krafton released last year in November. Ahead of Diwali, Krafton shared at least four trailers, each featuring a celebrated PUBG Mobile player from India, to announce the comeback of PUBG Mobile. PUBG Mobile saw a ban last year for its association with a Chinese company. Krafton's announcement regarding the relaunch of PUBG Mobile came only after it assured the Indian government and critics that it had severed ties with China's Tencent Games. These videos featured famous PUBG Mobile players, including Dynamo, Jonathan, and Kroten.

In fact, Dynamo, who is among the top game content creators in India, recently shared a tentative launch date for PUBG Mobile. He said the trailers for PUBG Mobile India would be released on a double-digit date while the actual release would take place on a single-digit date. The months for each, however, were not specified. As vague as this tip was, the latest incident involving PUBG Mobile India trailers does not help the case.

Right now, there is no information on the release date for PUBG Mobile India, but Krafton, the parent company, recently said it is working hard to bring the game back.

  • Print
  • COMMENT
BT-Story-Page-B.gif
A    A   A
close