- ICICI Bank customers will now be able to withdraw cash without their debit cards.
- Customers will need to install the iMobile app on their phones.
- ICICI Bank offers the service on 15,000 ATM across the country.
The State Bank of India started it a long ago with its YONO service and now ICICI Bank is following in footsteps. In a bid to make banking easier, ICICI Bank has now started cardless cash withdrawal from its ATM points. All ICICI Bank customers will be able to withdraw cash without using their debit card at almost 15,000 ATM locations across the country. The service will involve your smartphone and the iMobile app from the bank.
The Cardless Cash Withdrawal feature essentially negates the need for a debit card for ID verification. Instead, it relies on the registered mobile number with the customer's bank account and the iMobile app. Users also need to ensure that they have an Android or an iOS device in order to use the service.
If you are willing to give the Cardless Cash Withdrawal a try, then here's how can do it.
- Log into the 'iMobile' app and select 'Services' and 'Cash Withdrawal at ICICI Bank ATM'
- Enter the amount, select your account number, create a 4-digit temporary PIN and submit.
- You will immediately receive a reference OTP (One Time Password).
- Visit any ICICI Bank ATM and select Cardless Cash Withdrawal. Then select 'enter mobile number'and head over to 'reference OTP number'. Input your temporary PIN and then select the amount for withdrawal.
The cardless cash withdrawal system isn't the first of its kind as SBI has been offering the same to its customers for a long time using the YONO service. However, the system comes with several benefits of its own. For starters, you don't need to carry a debit card with yourself anymore when you have to withdraw cash. On top of that, customers can withdraw up to Rs 20,000 per day and avail the service at over 15,000 ICICI Bank ATM machines.
Do note that the cash withdrawal request and OTP are valid up to next day midnight. Hence, it is not necessary that you have to be at the ATM location before withdrawing the cash. You should also keep in mind that the quality of the service will depend on the Internet speeds as well as network conditions.