Prime Minister Narendra Modi assumed office on Tuesday, a day after being sworn-in by President Pranab Mukherjee.
Modi was received at South block office of the PMO by newly appointed Principal Secretary Nripendra Mishra and some other officials.
As soon as he entered his office, he paid obeisance to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi by offering flower tributes to his photograph.
However, even before assuming charge, Modi had already began his official work on Monday night itself by holding a meeting with top officials.
Soon after he was sworn-in as Prime Minister, Modi sought support, blessings and active participation of the people to take India's development journey to newer heights.
"Together we will script a glorious future for India," he said in his first message on the relaunched PMO website.
"Let us together dream of a strong, developed and inclusive India that actively engages with the global community to strengthen the cause of world peace and development," he added.
The Prime Minister also allocated portfolios. Here is the list
1. Rajnath Singh: Home Affairs
2. Sushma Swaraj: External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs
3. Arun Jaitley: Finance, Corporate Affairs, Defence
4. M. Venkaiah Naidu: Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Parliamentary Affairs
5. Nitin Jairam Gadkari: Road Transport and Highways, Shipping
6. D.V. Sadananda Gowda: Railways
7. Uma Bharti: Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
8. Dr. Najma A. Heptulla: Minority Affairs
9. Gopinathrao Munde: Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Drinking Water and Sanitation
10. Ramvilas Paswan: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
11. Kalraj Mishra: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
12. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi: Women and Child Development
13. Ananthkumar: Chemicals and Fertilizers
14. Ravi Shankar Prasad: Communications and Information Technology, Law and Justice
15. Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati: Civil Aviation
16. Anant Geete: Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
17. Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Food Processing Industries
18. Narendra Singh Tomar: Mines, Steel, Labour and Employment
19. Jual Oram: Tribal Affairs
20. Radha Mohan Singh: Agriculture
21. Thaawar Chand Gehlot: Social Justice and Empowerment
22. Smriti Zubin Irani: Human Resource Development
23. Dr. Harsh Vardhan: Health and Family Welfare